When mental health symptoms become an emergency, visit the behavioral health experts at Psychiatric Emergency Center (PEC) in Fort Worth, Texas. You’ll receive immediate help anytime you need it from a compassionate team who plans your care around your situation and needs—so that you can safely transition to the level of care that’s right for you.
24/7 Behavioral Health Care
Get help right away at the only PEC in Tarrant County if you or a loved one:
- Are at risk of hurting yourself or others
- Have severe symptoms of depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, or other conditions that are hard to control
- Require close observation and support during a mental health crisis
When possible, bring a list of all of the medications you take.
To protect the confidentiality of PEC patients, we do not allow visitors. With the patient’s consent, friends or family can speak with patients by phone.
Mental Health Specialists
Rest assured our multidisciplinary team is trained to provide the support and treatment services you need with an empathetic approach that makes all the difference. Our staff includes:
- Behavioral health assessment specialists
- Behavioral health technicians
- Licensed professional counselor
- Licensed social worker
- Peer recovery support specialists
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Psychiatric physician assistant
- Registered nurse
Transitional & Follow-Up Care
After you receive emergency support, rely on your care team to help you safely transition from PEC to another mental and behavioral service program where you can continue to make progress. You may benefit from:
- Inpatient (overnight) care for adults or adolescents
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Partial hospitalization
- Outpatient (daytime) counseling or medication management