2020 FNP Residency Information
Acclaim Physician Group and the JPS Department of Family Medicine aspire to foster the education of new graduate FNPs resulting in increased proficiency, confidence, and understanding of the unique population within the community health setting as they transition into their new roles as providers. By offering an exceptional educational experience, Acclaim, a partner with JPS Health Network will expand the mission to "transform healthcare delivery for the communities we serve" while ensuring a culture of accountability, transparency, quality, and performance improvement.
To enhance the knowledge and practice of new graduate nurse practitioners, and to create compassionate, high-quality, and patient-centered providers.
Benefits of the program
- On-site continuing education programs
- Dedicated CME funds
- Supplemental training in basic and advanced family practice care topics
- Experience working in a community health center setting
- Opportunities for teaching
- Participation in research activities
Length of Program: 6 months.
Start Date of Program: September 2020 (estimated)
Schedule: FNPs will begin employment as a full-time employee (40 hours per week). 80% of residents' time is spent in clinical rotations and 20% in didactics alongside other APPs and the family medicine residents.
- Rotations will occur in the JPS community health clinics with Acclaim primary care and specialty providers.
- Attendance in scheduled didactic sessions with varying complexity will expand proficiency in community health.
Number of available spots: Up to three (3) residents per cohort
Upon successful completion of the residency program, you will be guaranteed a position within one of the clinics where we have a vacancy. The expectation is that you will continue to work as a full-time provider (1.0 FTE) with Acclaim for a minimum of two (2) years.
Open Application Period for the Acclaim FNP Residency Program:
May 1, 2020 - May 15 (currently closed)