FNP Residency Information
Acclaim Physician Group and the JPS Department of Family Medicine aspire to foster the education of new graduate FNPs resulting in increased proficiency, confidence, and understanding of the unique population within the community health setting as they transition into their new roles as providers. By offering an exceptional educational experience, Acclaim, a partner with JPS Health Network will expand the mission to "transform healthcare delivery for the communities we serve" while ensuring a culture of accountability, transparency, quality, and performance improvement.
To enhance the knowledge and practice of new graduate nurse practitioners, and to create compassionate, high-quality, and patient-centered providers.
Benefits of the program
- On-site continuing education programs
- Dedicated CME funds
- Supplemental training in basic and advanced family practice care topics
- Experience working in community health center settings
- Participation in research activities
A 12-month post-masters training program for licensed nurse practitioners to transition from bedside nurses to advanced practice providers. FNP Residents are contracted for 12 months with Acclaim. At the completion of the program, full time positions may be offered depending on staffing needs and Resident performance.
- Each clinical FNP residency can have up to 4 residents.
- Residents will rotate through four of our JPS community health clinics throughout Tarrant County for ongoing training and exposure to a diverse patient population with a wide variety of healthcare needs.
- Residents will perform clinical duties in four different JPS clinics for a period of three months each.
- A four week orientation will be provided by an experienced Mentor at first clinical site.
- Residents will then begin to supplement panel needs independently with extended time slots for patient encounters.
- Remaining clinic sites will allow for one work week of orientation to become accustomed to clinic specific protocols, expectation, work flow, etc.
- After one week orientation Residents will resume independent patient panels with extended times slots.
- Specialty Clinic Rotations:
- Throughout the clinic rotations, Residents will have their schedule blocked to allow for specialty clinic rotation.
- Clinic rotations may include: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Podiatry, Psychiatry, Surgery, Surgical Optimization Clinic.
- For the first six months, Residents will dedicate one day per week to educational sessions designed to further develop and guide critical thinking skills and decision making as a provider. For the last six months, Residents will attend didactic sessions every fourth week for ongoing assessment of professional development, evaluations, QI project development, etc.
- Program will combine multiple didactic components ranging from presentations to hands-on specialized training to allow for all educational needs to be met.
- Specific areas of the residency will share educational programs with the Family Medicine Residents to allow for collaboration and unity with our advanced practice providers.
- Process/quality improvement project required for completion of program.
Anticipated Start Date of Residency: September of the program year
Open Application Period for the Acclaim FNP Residency Program: May 1st to May 15th (currently closed)
- Graduate of a Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited program by May 31 of the program year.
- Valid APRN and FNP license in the state of TX or successful completion of FNP boards by June 30 of the program year.
- No previous APRN practice experience.
- Valid and unencumbered Texas RN licensure.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a registered nurse.
- If you are a current JPS Health Network Employee you must not be under any disciplinary action or on a performance improvement plan.
Please read the information below carefully to ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
Once the application period opens:
Current JPS RN’s MUST submit the online application from the JPS intranet. Go to the JPS intranet, Human Resources, Internal Career Opportunities, and then search for the Acclaim FNP Residency position.
External candidates should submit an online application on the JPS Careers Page here: https://jobs.jpshealthnet.org/job-search-results/ and then search for the Acclaim FNP Residency position.
To be considered for the Acclaim FNP Residency program, you must submit an application along with all required documentation during the acceptance time frame. If you do not submit everything before the deadline, you will NOT be considered for the program. This position will only be listed during the open application time frame.
When submitting your online application, you will also need to attach all of the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- CV/Resume with professional work history (RN experience), education, and all FNP clinical rotations.
1. Work history must include dates (month and year), status (full time, part time, etc) and unit or clinic details (ICU Med-Surg, CHC, etc.)
2. Clinical Rotations must include the Location, Dates, # of hours completed, and your preceptors name and title.
1. What attributes do you possess that will aid in your successful completion of the residency program and ongoing practice as an APP at Acclaim?
2. In what areas do you want to increase mastery/competence over the course of the residency program?
- Official or unofficial transcript from an accredited Master of Science in Nursing degree program, the transcript must reflect degree awarded.
- A Word document with a minimum of three (3) references. You must include their name, location and email address.
1. Clinical Preceptors (2 responses required).
2. Current Nursing Supervisor (1 response required). If not currently working, most recent supervisor will be accepted.
If you have submitted all of the required documentation, your references will receive a link to complete a reference online within 48 business hours. Completed references must be received by end of the business day on May 20th or your application will be considered incomplete.
Applications and additional documents will not be accepted outside of the open application period.
What happens after I apply?
Once your application is complete and required references have been collected, we will notify you. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you regarding next steps.
If you are not selected to move forward, you will be notified through email.
Questions? Please email APPResidency@jpshealth.org.
*** Any dates posted may change at any time***