Take advantage of the expertise of the Acclaim Physician Group sports medicine team when you need help to heal after an exercise injury or want to perform at your best.
Our board-certified doctors have advanced training to care for patients of all ages and skill levels—from fitness beginners and enthusiasts to student and professional athletes.
How You Benefit
Working with a sports medicine physician helps you:
- Recover as quickly and safely as possible from an exercise-related health problem, so you can return to the activity you love
- Prevent future injuries
- Improve performance, strength, flexibility, and more
Turn to our team to diagnose and treat conditions caused or worsened by physical activity. We treat:
- Anterior knee pain syndrome, also called patellofemoral syndrome or runner’s knee
- Bursitis, inflammation of the fluid-filled cushions of the joints
- Concussion, or mild traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Dislocations, bones that slip out of a joint
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Low back painMeniscal tears
- Osteoarthritis, a common type of arthritis that causes joint stiffness and pain
- Overuse injuries
- Plantar fasciitis, a common foot problem that causes heel pain
- Shin splints
- Shoulder injuries
- Labral tears
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Swimmer’s shoulder, or impingement
- Some types of neck pain
- Sprains and strains, such as ankle or wrist sprain, groin strain, or pulled hamstring
- Tendinitis (tendon inflammation), including Achilles tendinitis
- Tendinosis, or chronic (long-term) tendon injury
- Tennis elbow, or epicondylitis
- Torn ligaments, including anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) or posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) tear
Specialized Pediatric Care
Select Acclaim Physician Group for care tailored to the unique needs of kids and teens. You’ll find complete care of pediatric athletic concerns, including growth plate fractures or stress injuries and concussions.
Care & Treatment
Based on your symptoms and other factors, your doctor may recommend:
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound – Uses sound waves to make images your doctor reviews to diagnose inflammation, strains, tears, or other conditions, and guide treatments like injections
- Fluoroscopy services – Create video of the body using X-rays to diagnose joint problems and fractures, and guide injections
- Physical therapy – Treats injuries or disorders using exercises, heat therapy, and hands-on therapies like massage
- Braces and casts – Holds bones and joints in place so they can heal after an injury
- Pain management injections – Relieves discomfort by injecting medicine directly into a joint
Your provider will recommend the least invasive treatment options first. But in some cases, surgery may be the best option.
Whenever possible, our sports medicine surgeons use minimally invasive and arthroscopic techniques. You’ll benefit from smaller incisions, with less risk of infection and pain, and faster healing.
How to Prevent Athletic Injuries
Talk to your doctor about avoiding injuries while working out or playing sports. Your provider can offer education about:
- Warming up and stretching before exercising
- Improving range of motion, flexibility, and strength through specific exercises
- Resting between workouts
- Wearing supportive shoes
Sports Medicine Experts Near You
Get care from the same specialists trusted by Texas Christian University (TCU) to care for student athletes. As a TCU partner, we help diagnose, treat, and prevent injuries and illnesses during training season, practices, and home games.
Expect high-quality care from leading experts who stay up-to-date on the latest, most effective practices. Our physicians:
- Have extensive patient care experience
- Conduct research and publish articles in sports medicine journals
- Speak at conferences in the U.S. and internationally
- Teach sports medicine residents and fellows, physicians receiving medical training in their specialty
Trust our team to help you reach your best health. When needed, your provider will refer you to other specialists within our medical group and collaborate with other professionals you work with, such as your personal or school athletic trainer.
See your doctor as soon as possible thanks to our same-day and next-day appointment availability. Once you’re an established patient, use our online patient portal, MyChart, to have a virtual (video) visit with your care team.
Paying for Care
See a list of insurance plans we accept.