Move more easily and improve your quality of life with help from Acclaim Physician Group’s rehabilitation specialists.
What’s Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation?
Physical medicine and rehabilitation, or PM&R, focuses on improving abilities affected by an injury, disorder, or illness. PM&R can help you move better, so it’s easier to do your daily activities.
A PM&R doctor, also called a physiatrist, specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating conditions that affect:
You may benefit from PM&R if your abilities are affected by:
- Back or neck pain
- Brain or spinal cord injury
- Nerve entrapment (compression), such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neuromuscular disorders, such as multiple sclerosis (MS), muscular dystrophy, or neuropathy
- Spasticity (stiff or tight muscles)
- Sports injury
- Torticollis, when the neck is stuck in an abnormal position or has painful, involuntary spasms
Personalized Care Plan
Depend on your doctor to tailor your care to your health, goals, and preferences. During your first appointment, you’ll receive an examination and screening tests to find the cause of pain.
Based on your symptoms and other factors, you may receive:
- Exercise or activity recommendations
- Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies – Tests that look for signs of a nerve or muscle problem
- Botox® or Dysport® injections – Medications that block signals that cause pain, spasms, or tremors
Specialized, Therapeutic Injections
Benefit from our experience using EMG to guide your injection procedure, so it’s as effective and targeted as possible. Acclaim Physician Group is one of the only organizations in the Fort Worth-area offering Botox to treat neuromuscular and orthopedic conditions.
EMG: What to Expect
The day of your EMG appointment, take your medications as directed unless your doctor tells you not to.
During the test, your provider will clean the affected area before placing an electrode needle into the muscle. You may have some temporary discomfort for five to 10 minutes at the site of the test.
After the test, you’ll be able to resume your normal activities right away.
Trust our top physicians to care for even the most complex conditions thanks to years of practice and research in our field. When needed, you’ll receive referrals for other Acclaim Physician Group specialty services, such as pain management.
Paying for Care
Look to Acclaim Physician Group for high-quality, affordable care. We accept most insurance plans.
Once you’re an established patient, connect with your doctor for follow-up care during an online consultation. Use MyChart, our secure patient portal.