Find excellent care from Acclaim Physician Group’s board-certified hepatologists—doctors who specialize in liver health.
Your Care Team
Stay close to your home in Tarrant County while you benefit from advanced treatments delivered by a compassionate team of experts. Your hepatologist will work with your primary care provider and, as needed, other specialists, such as gastroenterologists.
Screening & Diagnosis
Get insight into the health of your liver thanks to advanced, in-house diagnostic technology, including FibroScan®, a noninvasive ultrasound.
What Is FibroScan®?
FibroScan® takes the place of a liver biopsy and takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete. It uses a series of painless, small pulses to take pictures of your liver. Your recorded results tell your doctor if you have any liver scarring or diseases that need treatment.
If you’re not a candidate for FibroScan®, your doctor will find an alternative way to detect liver problems, such as a biopsy (a small tissue sample) or blood test.
Conditions We Treat
Choose physicians with experience treating:
- Acute liver failure
- Autoimmune disorders of the liver, such as autoimmune hepatitis and primary biliary cholangitis
- Hepatitis A, B, or C
- Genetic (inherited) liver diseases, such as Wilson’s disease
- Liver cancer
- Medication- and alcohol-related liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Metabolism disorders, such as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
Preventing Liver Disease
Talk to your Acclaim Physician Group doctor about preventing liver problems. Your doctor may recommend:
- Losing weight if you’re overweight
- Nutrition counseling
- Vaccinations to prevent hepatitis A and B
If you’ve been diagnosed with cirrhosis, your care team will monitor your liver closely for signs of liver cancer, which is best treated when caught early.
Your path to treatment depends on your diagnosis and health needs. Work with your doctor to create a personalized plan, which may include:
- Avoiding alcohol
- Exercise and diet recommendations
- Medications to help ease symptoms or treat diseases of the liver
- Management of other health conditions, such as diabetes
- Surgery to remove damaged liver tissue or correct problems
Support & Management
Contact your Acclaim Physician Group providers if you need:
- Medication refills, done by phone or through MyChart, our online patient portal
- Referrals to other specialists, as needed
- Education and resources to help you live a healthier life