Your choice for patient-centered gynecologic care in Tarrant County is Acclaim Physician Group. Protect and improve your health when you partner with one of our compassionate, knowledgeable doctors.
Services & Treatments
Our team has advanced training to diagnose and treat conditions that affect a woman’s body and well-being, at any stage of life. We offer:
- Adolescent health education and exams – Care tailored to the unique needs of teenage girls
- Breast health care – Clinical breast examinations, preventive care, and treatment of common concerns, including lumps or pain
- Family planning services – Education, birth control prescriptions, placement of an intrauterine device (IUD) or subdermal implant, and more
- Vaccinations, including the Gardasil® vaccine – Injections (shots) to protect you from an infectious disease, such as the strains of human papillomavirus (HPV) that commonly cause cervical cancer or genital warts
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) care – Prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of HPV, chlamydia, and other diseases
- Pelvic health care – Preventive care, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions that affect the cervix, uterus, ovaries, Fallopian tubes, vagina, and vulva
- Urogynecologic care – Specialized care of disorders that affect the bladder and female pelvic floor
- Complete pregnancy care – Services and support before, during, and after you give birth, from preconception counseling to prenatal care and delivery
- Menopause care – Symptom management and support at the JPS Menopause Clinic
Screening & Diagnostic Tests
Rely on our skilled staff for:
- Pap smears – Tests that check a sample of the cervix to look for inflammation, infection, or cell changes that could lead to cervical cancer
- Colposcopy – Procedure where your doctor uses a device called a colposcope to examine the vulva, vagina, and cervix after an abnormal Pap smear
Most doctors recommend getting Pap smears starting at age 21. Talk to your doctor about which tests are right for you and how often you should have them.
Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
Look to Acclaim Physician Group for specialized treatment of pelvic floor disorders. Our staff includes female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery (FPM&R) experts, also known as urogynecoloigsts. These board-certified doctors are also fellowship trained, which means they have the highest level of education in their field.
You may receive a referral to a FPM&R doctor if you have symptoms or a diagnosis of:
- Bladder or rectum fistulas, abnormal connections that form in the body
- Congenital abnormalities (disorders present at birth) of the female reproductive organs or bladder
- Frequent or recurring urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Pelvic floor prolapse, when weakened muscles and tissues aren’t supporting the pelvic organs
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence, loss of bladder control that causes leaks or sudden urges to urinate
- Urinary retention, when the bladder does not fully empty
Your Care Plan
You may receive:
- Cystoscopy, a procedure where your doctor examines the bladder and urethra
- Urodynamic testing, procedures to check how the bladder or urethra hold or empty urine
- Screening tests to look for cancer or other problems
- Botox® injections to treat overactive bladder
- Bladder instillation, injection of medications into the bladder through a catheter (long, thin tube)
- Fitting and management of a pessary, a soft and flexible device placed in the vagina to support pelvic organs
- Referral for rehabilitation services with a certified pelvic floor therapist
Your doctor will recommend the most conservative therapies first, so you can resume your normal activities as quickly as possible.
If less invasive treatments aren’t effective for your condition, you may need surgery. Trust our experienced and skilled surgeons to perform:
- Placement of InterStim™ device, or bladder stimulator, to send mild electrical signals to the bladder to make it work more normally
- Sling procedures, which use mesh or tissue from your body to support the urethra and bladder and prevent leaks
If your doctor uses robotic techniques, that means they’ll use small or no incisions and technology that is more precise than human hands to do surgery. You’ll have a faster recovery, with less risk of complications and pain.
Women’s Health Experts
Count on the multidisciplinary experts of Acclaim Physician Group for the care you need to stay healthy and live well. Depending on your health needs, age, and other factors, you may get care from:
- Female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgeon, also called a urogynecologist
- Certified nurse-midwife
- Women’s Health Nurse Practioner
- Obstetrician (OB)
- Obstetrician gynecologist (OB/GYN)
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialist
- Reproductive endocrinologist
- Pelvic floor specialist
- Osteopathic manipulative medicine (OMM) physician
Expect all your providers to work closely together to make sure you receive well-rounded, personalized health care that respects your decisions and dignity.
Read about another way to get gynecological care from Acclaim Physician Group: through our maternal-child health program.