When you need life-saving care for a serious illness or injury, trust the specialists of Acclaim Physician Group for comprehensive, round-the-clock treatment.
What Is Critical Care
You or a loved one may need critical care due to a life-threatening injury or illness, such as:
Critical care typically takes place in an intensive care unit (ICU) of a hospital.
Treatments & Technology
To help stabilize your condition and support healing, your care team may recommend:
- Breathing machines (ventilators) – Push air into the lungs if you are not able to breathe on your own
- Bronchoscopy – Looks in the airways to find the cause of symptoms or remove a blockage
- Chest tube – Drains blood or fluids
- Dialysis – Supports the kidneys by removing harmful substances or waste from the blood
- Feeding tube – Delivers nutrients to the body when you aren’t able to eat
- Intravenous (IV) tubes – Send fluids or medicine to the body through a small tube in a vein
- Medication management – Makes sure the medications you take are safe and effective for you
Rely on our team to regularly communicate with you and your loved ones so you stay up-to-date. Before you leave the hospital, you’ll receive education on how to take care of yourself at home and prevent future problems.
Your Care Team
You’ll receive coordinated care from a multidisciplinary team specially trained in critical care. Your team may include:
- Board-certified critical care doctors
- Physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists