Bone, Joint & Muscle Care
Get expert help to return to your daily activities as quickly and safely as possible. Look to Acclaim Multi-Specialty Group’s musculoskeletal specialists for high-quality orthopedic care with a personalized touch.
When to See an Orthopedic Doctor
Bone, joint, and muscle issues can make it hard to be active. Talk to a health care professional if you experience:
Your doctor will do a physical exam and ask questions about your symptoms and medical history. You’ll benefit from our expertise in patient care, conducting research, teaching, and staying up-to-date on best practices.
Find complete care for acute (new) or chronic (long-term) conditions that affect the muscles, bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, and other tissues in the body. Orthopedic conditions include:
- Arthritis, inflammation and stiffness around joints, muscles, and tendons
- Bone tumors that are benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, nerve compression in the wrist that causes weakness or tingling in the hand
- Dupuytren’s contracture, thick tissue that forms abnormally in the hand
- Exercise-related injuries
- Low back or neck sprains
- Osteoporosis (weakened bones)
- Pain that affects the back, neck, or joints
- Muscle strain
- Sports related injuries
- Knee or shoulder fracture
- Meniscal tears
- Tendonitis, bursitis
- Tendon and ligament injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, rotator cuff tears)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Diabetic wounds
- Wrist fracture (broken wrist)
Diagnosis & Treatment
To determine the cause of your symptoms and provide relief, your board-certified physician may recommend:
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound, an imaging scan to look for inflammation and tendon problems
- Osteoporosis screening
- Lifestyle recommendations, such as rest, heat and cold therapy, activity modifications, and more
- Education about preventing future injuries
- Weight loss if you’re overweight
- Pain management services
- Physical therapy, exercises and hands-on treatments like massage to lessen discomfort, make it easier for you to move, and help you rebuild strength and flexibility
- Braces and casts to hold a body part in place while it heals
- Medications, including injections
- Botox® injections to treat pain and muscle stiffness
- Synvisc-One® injections to lubricate and add cushion to the knee joint, relieving osteoarthritis pain for up to six months
Orthopedic Surgical Care
If you and your doctor decide surgery is the best choice, feel confident you’ll receive exceptional care before, during, and after your procedure from our skilled surgeons.
Most bone, joint, and muscle surgeries are done on an outpatient, or same-day, basis. You’ll visit the facility for care and go home afterward, and we’ll provide ongoing support so you have the smoothest recovery.
Less Invasive Options
Whenever possible, your doctor will recommend minimally invasive or arthroscopic techniques. This means your surgeon will use advanced technology, tiny tools, and small incisions to treat your condition. You’ll benefit from a quicker healing process, with less chance of infection, bleeding, and pain.
Count on your doctor to provide referrals when needed to other Acclaim Multi-Specialty Group specialists and help you navigate the health care system.
Preventing Bone, Joint, & Muscle Problems
Talk to your doctor about ways you can improve the health of your musculoskeletal system. Your provider can offer guidance about:
- A healthy diet
- Exercising, which helps keep your joints moving, strengthens muscles, and lowers your risk of conditions like osteoporosis
- Reaching a healthy weight
- Stretching before and after activity
Fast Access to Care
Take advantage of same-day and next-day appointment scheduling. Once you’re an established patient, you can get care during a video visit using MyChart, our secure patient portal.
Paying for Treatment
Acclaim Multi-Specialty Group is your choice in Tarrant County for high-quality, affordable medical services. We accept all major insurance plans and offer financial assistance.