Arthritis Care & Rheumatology
Take advantage of specialized care and advanced treatments from the compassionate rheumatologists at Acclaim Physician Group.
What is a Rheumatologist?
A rheumatologist is a board-certified doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating:
- Autoimmune diseases, when the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy cells and tissue in the body
- Conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system (muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, nerves, and tendons)
If you have risk factors for a rheumatic condition, talk to your primary care provider or an Acclaim Physician Group rheumatologist about ways you can prevent future problems. Your doctor may offer:
- Screening tests
- Vaccines to prevent illnesses that may trigger an autoimmune disorder
Find relief from symptoms like pain, swelling, and stiffness. Visit a rheumatologist for complete care of:
- All types of arthritis, including rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Connective tissue diseases, including scleroderma
- Gout and pseudogout
- Raynaud’s disease
- Relapsing polychondritis
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels), including giant cell arteritis
Treatments & Services
Count on your rheumatologist to recommend treatments to manage symptoms and personalize your care, so it’s most effective for you.
Depending on your condition and other factors, you may benefit from:
- Diet and exercise recommendations
- Heat and cold therapy
- Infusion therapy to receive medications directly in a vein (intravenously)
- Over-the-counter or prescription medications, including biologic drugs
- Clinical trials to test new treatments
- Referrals for other specialty services, such as dermatology or rehabilitation services
Your doctor may also provide a referral for pain management, which is not available in the rheumatology clinic.
Expect your rheumatologist to communicate and work closely with other members of your care team, including your primary care doctor. This means your providers stay up to date about your needs, even as they may change, so you reach the best possible health outcome.
Rely on our friendly team to make your experience as smooth as possible. Find assistance for:
- Scheduling appointments and follow-up care
- Completing insurance authorization paperwork
- Communicating with drug manufacturers about cost-saving programs