Psychiatrist - Consult and Liaison Services
The John Peter Smith Health Network has embarked on a comprehensive redesign of mental health services for Tarrant County, Texas. The JPS Department of Psychiatry is highly collegial, and values evidence-based clinical practice and a commitment to teaching. The integrated care system offers a full range of services supporting patients’ wellness and recovery.
The Acclaim Physician Group, Inc., an affiliate of JPS Health Network in Fort Worth, Texas, is looking for a Psychiatrist for a full time Consult and Liaison position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide regularly scheduled consultation to participating primary care practices. Consultations will focus primarily on patients who are new to behavioral health treatment or who are not improving as expected.
• Provide phone consultation to primary care physicians (PCPs) as requested. Response time should be within 24 hours for low priority calls and 1-2 hours for urgent calls, if possible.
• Work with participating practices to track and oversee patient outcomes using an integrated health model.
• Suggest treatment plan changes including medication recommendations for patients.
• Discuss patients who may need referral for additional behavioral health care and advise on treatment plans during the transition period to ensure continuity of care.
• Utilize electronic medical record (EMR) of the primary care practices to document patient information, referrals or other relevant information as required.
• Adhere to all compliance procedures relevant to protected health information (PHI) and HIPAA regulations.
• Communicate clearly to PCPs, care coordinators, or other designated contacts for the practices regarding limitations of consultation and treatment recommendations, if relevant.
• Maintain communication flow in relevant e-mail systems including a response time within 2 business days generally. Urgent e-mail should be responded to as soon as possible.
• Participate in monthly consult meetings as assigned.
• Participate in monthly clinical directors meetings to represent the consult and liaison service and in monthly faculty meetings.
• Submit monthly time sheets documenting activities to support the JPS Professional Medical Services agreement consult and liaison services contract (work may include meeting PCPs, care coordinators, or other designated staff, discussing procedures and coordinating services, provider education, case presentation, and in-person evaluation of patients).
• Participate in and/or provide training related to this position.
• Participate in an on-call rotation with other Psychiatrists for weekend and holiday coverage.
• Medical degree (MD or DO)
• Unrestricted TX medical license
• Citizenship: Citizenship of the United States.
• Board certification in Psychiatry and one of the following: Neurology, Family Medicine, Primary Care, Internal Medicine
• Valid DEA certificate with prescriptive authority
• Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle or access to a reasonable alternative.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with attention to detail is required.
• English Language Proficiency: Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• 2-3 years’ experience with primary care psychiatry, consultation or liaison psychiatry is preferred.
• Experience treating patients with diverse clinical profiles and clinical co-morbidities is preferred.
• Very Competitive Salary with Incentive Opportunities
• Generous PTO time given
• Malpractice Insurance
• Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Options
• Professional Expense Allowance
• Relocation Allowance for moves of greater than 50 miles
• Generous Retirement, Opportunities to Access Three Tax Deferred Accounts