The John Peter Smith Pediatrics and Family Medicine Departments have an opening for a Physician/Faculty member to teach within the John Peter Smith Family Medicine Residency program in Fort Worth, Texas. Expected qualifications include: interest and demonstrated competence as an educator; several years practice experience; but would consider recent graduates with teaching or chief resident experience.
The JPS Family Medicine Residency is the largest in the country (22 residents per class with a total of 80 residents and fellows) and was ranked #3 by peers in 2015 by US News and World Report.
This physician will be part of a team of providers teaching and precepting Family Medicine residents, transitional residents and medical students in both the outpatient clinic setting and the newborn nursery.
Position Details Include
- Outpatient clinic volume is approximately 20-25 patients per day
- Clinic patient age range: birth to 18 years of age
- New Born Nursery Volume: Approximately 4,500 births per year
- No building a practice. The volume is already here.
- Very rewarding patient population. We have excellent families that love and care for their children.
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy
- Must be board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics
- Must be able to obtain a Texas Medical License
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior
- Must be comfortable working in a large public/county facility
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge in area assigned, and competency in assessment techniques, diagnosis and treatment processes that apply to the assigned medical specialty area
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and oral communication skills to work effectively with other health care professionals and serve as a resource to the community
- Must be self-directed and take initiative to develop and participate in community activities and medical outreach programs pertaining to the medical specialty area
- Spanish fluency is preferred
- Very competitive salary
- Generous vacation/PTO time given
- Malpractice insurance provided at no cost and includes tail insurance
- Health, vision, and dental insurance options
- Professional expense allowance
- Relocation allowance for moves of greater than 55 miles
- Generous retirement, opportunities to access three tax deferred accounts