Medical Director Opportunity – School Based Clinics
Acclaim Physician Group’s Department of Family Medicine is currently seeking experienced Medical Directors to join the leadership team over our school based clinics The Acclaim Medical Director will plan, organize, direct and coordinate services provided in the assigned clinic/clinical area/service line.
JPS operates 20 plus primary care clinics on school campuses in 13 Tarrant County school districts for students and their siblings. Centers provide well-child visits, sick are, and follow-up care, with special focus on asthma and diabetes.
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor or Osteopathy degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy
- Must be board certified/eligible in either Family Medicine or Pediatrics
- Must have an active, and unrestricted Texas Medical license, or must be eligible to apply for one. License must be active prior to start date
- Valid DEA certificate with prescriptive authority
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of clinical experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 year in a clinical leadership role. 3 or more years is preferred
- Previous experience with school-based clinics preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a large public/county facility
- Must be willing to work full time Monday-Friday schedule
Medical Director’s duties hereunder shall include, without limitation, the following administrative and consultative services to be provided within their clinic/clinical area and or service line:
- Serve as a medical consultant for staff in the clinic and other clinical or administrative areas as designated by the Executive Leadership.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership in the resolution of issues related to utilization management, HIM and other operational areas of the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Assist in establishing patient care policies, procedures and standards in collaboration with the District personnel and Executive Leadership.
- Facilitate the ongoing commitment to medical and clinical improvement with other physicians within the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Participate in the development of the operating and capital budgets of the District related to clinic/clinical area/service line.
- Participate in the development of care pathways and protocols for patients.
- Assist Executive Leadership and others as designated by the Executive Leadership in developing strategic plans for the efficient and effective operation of the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Be accountable for the quality management and utilization review pertinent to physicians and physician teams related to the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Counsel providers who are not meeting practice, quality or behavioral standards.
- Participated in and support the development and facilitation of comprehensive and effective peer review for the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Serve as a liaison between the clinic/clinical area and or service line and District’s medical staff.
- Evaluate new technologies and treatment modalities which may be used in the provision of care to the patients of the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Serve as a physician leader in assuring high clinical standards of services, patient-centric care, and services aligned with District’s clinical and strategic objectives across the JPS Facilities.
- Develop and participate in programs of education for the Medical Staff and in-service programs for nursing, allied health professional, combined residency programs, technical and other no-physician personnel related to the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Keep abreast of and review, recommend and implement, subject to the approval of the Executive Leadership, new services and technologies for the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Participate in professional organizations and activities to develop support and to enable the District to continue to attract qualified medical and support staff.
- Assist the District as requested in community education and public relations regarding services available in the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Be knowledgeable and provide consultation and input on development and implementation of operational policies and programs to comply with directives of the federal and state agencies that may affect the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Participate in clinical integration, system integration, and business process redesign programs in the organization.
- Provide such additional administrative and consultative services as the Executive Leadership team may reasonably request.
- Assist Executive Leadership in formulating, implementing and monitoring policies and programs for quality assessment, performance improvement, safety, utilization review, risk management and cost effectiveness in the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Competitive Salary with Incentive Opportunities
- Generous PTO time given
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Options
- Professional Expense Allowance
- Relocation Allowance
- Generous Retirement, Opportunities to Access Three Tax Deferred Accounts