Medical Director Opportunities – Community Health/Family Med
Acclaim Physician Group’s Department of Family Medicine is currently seeking experienced Medical Directors to lead a team of hardworking professionals. The Acclaim Medical Director will plan, organize, direct and coordinate services provided in the assigned clinic/clinical area/service line.
We currently have openings in the following Community Health Centers:
Diamond Hill in Fort Worth, TX
Medical Home SE Tarrant County in Arlington, TX
Northwest/Iona Reed in Azle, TX
Gertrude Tarpley in Watauga, TX
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor or Osteopathy degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy
- Must be board certified/eligible in either Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics
- Must have an active, and unrestricted Texas Medical license, or must be eligible to apply for one. License must be active prior to start date
- Valid DEA certificate with prescriptive authority
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of clinical experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 year in a clinical leadership role. 3 or more years is preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a large public/county facility
- Must be willing to work full time Monday-Friday schedule
Medical Director’s duties hereunder shall include, without limitation, the following administrative and consultative services to be provided within their clinic/clinical area and or service line:
- Serve as a medical consultant for staff in the clinic and other clinical or administrative areas as designated by the Executive Leadership.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership in the resolution of issues related to utilization management, HIM and other operational areas of the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Assist in establishing patient care policies, procedures and standards in collaboration with the District personnel and Executive Leadership.
- Facilitate the ongoing commitment to medical and clinical improvement with other physicians within the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Participate in the development of the operating and capital budgets of the District related to clinic/clinical area/service line.
- Participate in the development of care pathways and protocols for patients.
- Assist Executive Leadership and others as designated by the Executive Leadership in developing strategic plans for the efficient and effective operation of the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Be accountable for the quality management and utilization review pertinent to physicians and physician teams related to the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Counsel providers who are not meeting practice, quality or behavioral standards.
- Participated in and support the development and facilitation of comprehensive and effective peer review for the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Serve as a liaison between the clinic/clinical area and or service line and District’s medical staff.
- Evaluate new technologies and treatment modalities which may be used in the provision of care to the patients of the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Serve as a physician leader in assuring high clinical standards of services, patient-centric care, and services aligned with District’s clinical and strategic objectives across the JPS Facilities.
- Develop and participate in programs of education for the Medical Staff and in-service programs for nursing, allied health professional, combined residency programs, technical and other no-physician personnel related to the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Keep abreast of and review, recommend and implement, subject to the approval of the Executive Leadership, new services and technologies for the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Participate in professional organizations and activities to develop support and to enable the District to continue to attract qualified medical and support staff.
- Assist the District as requested in community education and public relations regarding services available in the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Be knowledgeable and provide consultation and input on development and implementation of operational policies and programs to comply with directives of the federal and state agencies that may affect the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Participate in clinical integration, system integration, and business process redesign programs in the organization.
- Provide such additional administrative and consultative services as the Executive Leadership team may reasonably request.
- Assist Executive Leadership in formulating, implementing and monitoring policies and programs for quality assessment, performance improvement, safety, utilization review, risk management and cost effectiveness in the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Competitive Salary with Incentive Opportunities
- Generous PTO time given
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Options
- Professional Expense Allowance
- Relocation Allowance
- Generous Retirement, Opportunities to Access Three Tax Deferred Accounts