Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist – Outpatient and Inpatient
The Acclaim Physician Group, Inc. an affiliate of John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas is looking for a qualified full-time Child and Adolescent Outpatient Psychiatrist to join the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry. Candidate must be willing to treat adults as well as adolescents.
The outpatient services are designed around a collaborative multi-disciplinary team that includes psychiatrically trained Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Social Workers and a nursing staff that is experienced, committed and collaborative.
Faculty has the opportunity to supervise residents in psychiatry, family medicine and emergency medicine, medical students, physician assistant students and nurse practitioner students. The Department of Psychiatry staffs the John Peter Smith Hospital Network’s Child and Adolescent services in five (5) Outpatient Clinics as well as staffs the Adolescent Inpatient Unit within Trinity Springs Pavilion located at John Peter Smith Hospital. The outpatient services are designed around a collaborative multi-disciplinary team that includes psychiatrically trained Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Social Workers and a nursing staff that is experienced, committed and collaborative. The C&A clinics operate various days and half days Monday through Friday.
The John Peter Smith Hospital District and the Department of Psychiatry has embarked on a comprehensive redesign of mental health services for Tarrant County, Texas. The Department is highly collegial, and values evidence-based clinical practice and a commitment to teaching.
Faculty will provide leadership, direct clinical care, and administrative supervision of clinical services in the outpatient clinic through comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment planning. Weekend call occurs approximately once every 10-12 weeks.
• Medical degree (MD or DO)
• Unrestricted TX medical license by hire date
• Citizenship: Citizenship of the United States
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
• Valid DEA certificate with prescriptive authority
• Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle or access to a reasonable alternative
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with attention to detail is required.
• English Language Proficiency: Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Fluency in Spanish or other foreign language is a plus.
• Very Competitive Salary with Incentive Opportunities
• Generous PTO time given
• Malpractice Insurance
• Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Options
• Professional Expense Allowance
• Relocation Allowance for moves of greater than 50 miles
• Generous Retirement, Opportunities to Access Three Tax Deferred Accounts