Adult Inpatient Psychiatrist
The John Peter Smith Hospital District and the Behavioral Health Network have embarked on a comprehensive redesign of mental health services for Tarrant County, Texas. The Acclaim Physician Group, Inc., an affiliate of John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas is looking for an Adult Inpatient Psychiatrist to join the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry.
The Department of Psychiatry is highly collegial, and values evidence-based clinical practice and a commitment to teaching and research. Providers have the opportunity to supervise residents in psychiatry, family medicine and emergency medicine, medical students, and physician assistant and nurse practitioner students in the adult inpatient hospital. The Department of Psychiatry staffs the John Peter Smith Hospital Network’s Behavioral Health Services that include: Adult and Adolescent inpatient services, long term care unit, med/psych unit, comprehensive Consultation Liaison, including trauma services, 24 hour Psychiatric Emergency Center, Assessment Center, Urgent Walk-in Clinic, five (5) Outpatient Clinics and four (4) community-based Partial Hospital Programs. The inpatient services are designed around a collaborative multi-disciplinary team that includes psychiatrically trained Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Social Workers, a Clinical Pharmacist, and experienced nursing staff – all committed to a recovery-oriented approach to care.
Provider will provide leadership, direct clinical care, and administrative supervision of clinical services in the Adult Inpatient unit at Trinity Springs Pavilion (50%) and our Local Commitment Alternative facility (50%) through comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment planning.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy
- Must be board eligible/certified physician
- Have or be eligible for Texas Medical License
- Prefer 1-2 years’ experience, but will train a new graduate
- Fluency in Spanish or other foreign language is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be comfortable working in a large public/county facility
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge in area assigned, and competency in assessment techniques, diagnosis and treatment processes that apply to the assigned medical specialty area
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and oral communication skills to work effectively with other health care professionals and serve as a resource to the community
- Must be self-directed and take initiative to develop and participate in community activities and medical outreach programs pertaining to the medical specialty area
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior
- Competitive salary and incentive opportunity
- Generous vacation/PTO time given
- Malpractice insurance provided at no cost and includes tail insurance
- Health, vision, and dental insurance options
- Professional expense allowance
- Relocation allowance for moves of greater than 55 miles
- Generous retirement, opportunities to access three tax deferred accounts